Governor of Kaduna State, Mr. Patrick Yakowa (L) and immediate-past National Security Adviser, Andrew Azazi
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has said its rescue team has been able to locate the scene of the helicopter crash in the Nembe area of Bayelsa with all the six passengers in the plane dead.
According to NEMA Spokesman, Mr. Yushua Shuaib, who spoke to THISDAY, the search team has recovered all the bodies of the victims on board the ill-fated helicopter.
He said the dead bodies, which included that of the Governor of Kaduna State, Mr. Patrick Yakowa and the immediate-past National Security Adviser, Andrew Azazi have been taken to the hospital.
Culled from ThisDay
- BREAKING NEWS: Governor Yakowa, Former NSA, Azazi Feared Dead In Crashed Naval Chopper (Updated)
- Nigeria’s copter crash: Yakowa, Azazi’s bodies taken to morgue
- How Naval Helicopter Crashed – Villagers
- Buhari cancels 70th Birthday; Fashola, official engagements for Yakowa, Azazi
- Explosions in Lagos: 1,500 shops shut, traders lament
- ‘Why Azazi won’t be buried in country home’
- THEWILL Special Report: Yakowa, Azazi: ‘Common Foes’ United Even In Death
- NEMA ends rescue, confirms Yakowa, Azazi, four others dead in helicopter crash