COMMUNIQUE ON LADOKE AKINTOLA UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, OGBOMOSO
1. The representatives of Oyo and Osun States met today, the 18th day of August, 2011 to discuss the issues relating to Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso
2. The meeting noted with regrets the crisis that erupted at the University yesterday and sympathized with victims of the crisis while promising that such will not occur again
3. The meeting agreed that adequate security measures are being put in place to ensure safety of all students, staff and properties of the institutions both in Osogbo and Ogbomoso
4. The meeting agreed that a Technical Committee of the two states should be constituted immediately to look at all issues pertaining to the institution and submit their reports within 4 weeks from the date of commencement of sitting
5. Pending resolution of issues in contention, the 2 sates should honour their commitments with reference to payment of all salaries and allowances of all Staff of the University and the Teaching Hospitals
6. It was agreed that salaries of the University and the Teaching Hospitals will be paid by the Osun State Government effective Friday, 19th August, 2011
7. In the meantime, Students in Clinical classes , that is 400 to 600 Levels, are being advised to return immediately to the Teaching Hospital in Osogbo to resume classes. This is necessary in the interest of the Students to prevent unnecessary elongation of their programs.
8. Similarly, the Lecturers are also urged to resume academic activities at Osogbo in the interest of the Students and the general public
9. The 2 Owner States will jointly pursue accreditation of the Teaching Hospital in Ogbomoso and re-accreditation of the Teaching Hospital in Osogbo immediately
10. Finally, the two Owner States hereby appeal to both Oyo and Osun indigenes to embrace peace in the spirit of our forefathers whose dream of founding the University is to educate our children. It should be noted that our founding fathers believed in the historical, cultural, social and economic heritage that bind us together. This s an heritage that we must all jealously protect.
Other Related Stories
Short URL: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=19227